BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday 16 October 2009

B-17F Memphis Belle finished!!





Just a few images of the completed model. This is a big model once it is built and painted it really does look the part. I lost motivation for this model just after I had finished painting it and it was left on my shelf for quite some time. After sitting staring at every time I did some modelling, I finally decide it was time to crack on with it. A couple of minutes into finishing it I was wondering why I had put it aside in the first place! It just goes to show that sometimes if it isn't going to well or your just not enjoying your model just relax put the model aside and do something different.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, first time kit builder, I built this plane and I have a lot of questions. Do you paint the interior, put it in, build the body around it, fill the gaps with some type of putty, sand it smooth, then paint the exterior?

    I got lost on the painting process.

    My plane is together but there are gaps where the body fits together and I don't know how to paint it.

    I work with fiberglass a lot, so I understand that I can put the fuselage and wings together fill in the gaps and sand it, but I just don't know how to get the cockpit part on or the interior inside it.

    Thanks for reading this.

    Obviously i'm asking you because yours looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Will, sorry for the late reply..... There are a few simple stages that I follow, the fist stage is painting and assembling the interior and other small parts and bits that are easier to paint before hand. Then the fuselage and wings are assembled and seams and gaps are filled. The kit is then painted and given a gloss coat which helps the decals settle. Once the decals are on I give the model a coat of matte varnish.

    Hope this helps, also for more hints and tips try www.aircraftresourcecenter.com I found lots of helpful stuff here.

    ReplyDelete